Who we are
Sanskriti Inc. is a non-profit, religious, literary, social, cultural, educational, charitable organization in the Washington Metro area including Virginia and Maryland. It was incorporated in the state of Maryland on May 17, 1976
Mission & Objectives
- Promote Indian culture and organizes Indian cultural, social and religious events
- Support charitable causes all over the world
- Support Youth member activities
- Foster friendship and understanding between and amongst the people of Indian origin and American origin
The membership of the organization is open to all persons 18 years of age or older without regard to nationality, race, religion or place of residence. Members should abide by the Constitution and by-laws of the organization. Members should also pay a non-refundable annual membership or life-membership fee. If you would like to become a member, please register on this website, once you pay and agree with terms and conditions you can become a member.
The business working year is from January 1 to December 31st. Sanskriti organizes Bengali socio-cultural and religious occasions such as:
- Saraswati Puja
- Baisakhi (Bengali New Year and Rabindra Jayanti)
- Durga Puja
- New Year’s Eve
Sanskriti also organizes and participates in musical and theatrical events and film shows; social gatherings, and sports events.